This Week’s Wine of the Week is The Curator Red Blend 2018. I can’t believe I haven’t shared this wine with you until now! I was first introduced to The Curator Red Blend about six years ago by a Chicago wine industry legend Katherine Camera. I have featured this wine at few events, and it is always a crowd pleaser. Curator Red Blend 2018 is delicious, affordable and always a fan favorite. Continue reading to learn about, what makes this my pick for wine of the week. Check out the video below.
The produced by A.A. Badenhorst Family Wines located in the Swartland appellation of South Africa. Swartland means ‘Black Land’ in Afrikaans. The appellation is 40 miles North of Cape Town and is the largest wine growing region of South Africa. The climate is warm and dry, with diverse terroirs. The Syrah from Swartland are known for being rich and deep in comparison to cooler parts of the region.
Wine Info: The Curator Red Blend ($8.99-10.99)
- Producer: A.A. Badenhorst Family Wines
- Winemaker: Adi Badenhorst
- Region: Swartland appellation South Africa.
- Grapes: Shiraz (59%), Cinsault (20%) Mourvedre (19%) Grenache Noir (2%).
- Taste: Sleek, opulent and easy drinking. I get lots of black fruit, red fruit, and pepper. This is another wine that over delivers for the price.
- Food: Try it pizza, burgers and barbeques.
- When to Serve: Serve this for as your house wine, taco night and binging Netflix. According the to winery, “Drink with attractive friends or cellar until you have attractive or interesting friends.”